(NOTE: SCWC Books and Southern Story Books are ebook publishers. We never ask writers for any money to have their book published. We provide all ebook publishing resources, including cover design and interior formatting.
We provide outlets for marketing, but expect authors to have a marketing and promotional plan for their ebook.
Authors receive 30% royalties; typical ebooks range in price from $2.99 to $8.99.
Ebooks are published on Kindle and Ibooks, with other outlets considered as well depending on the book.)
SCWC Books publishes ebooks on two primary topics: the craft of writing and inspirational/religious/Christian issues.
Books on writing can be either instructional (how-to) or inspirational, and can cover any genre of writing. The books should provide a unique perspective that will teach and encourage writers.
Inspirational books should be nonfiction and cover an aspect of modern Christian living.
SCWC Books is interested in inspirational books geared to all audiences (except children): men, women, and young adult. Books can be instructional or devotional in nature.
ALL books should include:
* Which publishing imprint (SCWC Books or Southern Story Books) you are submitting to.
* A working title.
* Projected length of your manuscript.
* A thesis statement: What is your book about (in a sentence or two)?
* A one-page synopsis of your book.
* An audience profile (who is the projected reader of your book?)
* A brief biography, giving your writing and other relevant experience
* Marketing ideas (how you will work to market your book)
* Your platform (social media presence, blog, etc.)
* For nonfiction: Chapter outline and synopsis (a list of all chapters, with a brief description of each)
* For nonfiction: 2 sample chapters
* Projected date of completion (can it be available immediately at our request?)
Send to: Cheryl Wray at email@example.com
Subject line: BOOK QUERY: your book title
Please give a month for a response.