Southern Story Books
(NOTE: SCWC Books and Southern Story Books are ebook publishers. We never ask writers for any money to have their book published.
We provide all ebook publishing resources, including cover design and interior formatting. We provide outlets for marketing, but expect authors to have a marketing and promotional plan for their ebook.
Authors receive 30% royalties; typical ebooks range in price from $2.99 to $8.99.
Ebooks are published on Kindle and Ibooks, with other outlets considered as well depending on the book.)
Southern Story Books publishes fiction and nonfiction ebooks that have a clearly Southern Slant.
Fiction books should be geared to women or young adults and can be either novella size (20,000 to 50,000 words) or novel size (50,000 to 100,000 words).We accept romance, historical fiction, mystery, and contemporary literary fiction, but are open to other ideas as well. They should all have a plot, setting, or character element that is uniquely Southern. (We do not publish children's books.)
Nonfiction books should have a Southern theme. Potential topics include religion, social issues, culture, humor, sports, lifestyle, and history, but we are open to other ideas as well. The word count for our nonfiction ebooks can vary greatly, anywhere from 15,000 to 75,000 (ebooks can be shorter than traditionally published books, but the selling prices will lower accordingly).
ALL books should include:
* Which publishing imprint (SCWC Books or Southern Story Books) you are submitting to.
* A working title.
* Projected length of your manuscript.
* A thesis statement: What is your book about (in a sentence or two).
* A one-page synopsis of your book.
* An audience profile (who is the projected reader of your book?)
* A brief biography, giving your writing and other relevant experience
* Marketing ideas (how you will work to market your book)
* Your platform (social media presence, blog, etc.)
* For nonfiction: Chapter outline and synopsis (a list of all chapters, with a brief description of each)
* For nonfiction: 2 sample chapters
* For fiction: a synopsis of your book (please include main plot line, main characters, main conflict, and the final outcome)
* For fiction: First two chapters if you have been published; the complete manuscript if this is your first novel
* Projected date of completion (can it be available immediately at our request?)
Send to: Cheryl Wray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: BOOK QUERY: your book title
Please give a month for a response.